MINNEAPOLIS, MN CONCUSSION INJURY LAWYERS – NEW INFORMATION ON CONCUSSIONS, WHIPLASH INJURIES
The Concussion Injury Lawyers at the Schmidt Salita Law Team work hard to keep up with the fast-paced developments in the understanding and appreciation of the long-term impact of concussion injuries. They direct your attention to www.concussion.org/news, an international news source for concussion injuries.
New Understanding of the Impact of Concussion Injuries.
The latest edition of the news reports of the International Concussion Society contain news from the world’s most respected concussion injury specialists. Dr. Douglas Smith, MD, is the head of the Department of neurosurgery at the University of Pennsylvania and director of the Center for brain injury and repair. He offers the following:
- The use of the term “concussion” is unfortunate. It is an oxymoron to call a concussion a “mild traumatic brain injury”. Concussion victims do not appreciate their symptoms as “mild”.
- The brain electrical grid is made up of nerve fibers in the white matter called axons, which connect one part of the brain to another. They are so small that it takes about 100 axons to be as wide as a human hair. These are really tiny fragile structures that can become damaged upon impact in cases of concussion.
- Hard work is underway to attempt to understand the mechanisms that happen when the nerve fibers of the brain become damaged on impact in cases of concussion.
Symptoms of Concussion Injury Are Unique to Every Victim.
Dr. Alan Finkel, MD, FAAN is a member of the scientific advisory board of the International Concussion Society. He is the founder of the Carolina Headache Institute and a consultant for the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center.
Dr. Finkel wants to educate people about the impact of concussion injuries. He offers the following:
- Posttraumatic headache is an important symptom of concussion injury, yet the symptoms of concussion injury vary widely and are unique to each victim.
- “Each individual brings traumatic and personal experiences with their concussion. The challenge is understanding the differences and similarities. This way, new knowledge is gained in each domain of a mild TBI.”
Concussion Injury Can Be a Life-Changing Event.
Dr. Frank Porreca is a member of the scientific advisory board for the International Concussion Society. He is the department head of pharmacology at the University of Arizona and an expert in pain and pain relief. Dr.Porreca states that the single piece of information about concussion that he wishes to share with others is this: “concussion can change lives”. He goes on to assert:
- “Concussion is under-appreciated in its consequences. We do not understand the consequences of concussion on the brain and do not have adequate guidelines for returned activities and therapies for those suffering from the consequences of concussion.”
- “Concussion is mild traumatic brain injury to the brain that produces headache that can be transient or can become persistent. Concussion can also affect cognitive functions including memory and learning, and drive changes in lifestyle and behavior.”
LAWYERS FOR CONCUSSION, WHIPLASH AND PTSD VICTIMS
The highest and best recommendation that any lawyer can achieve is that of recommendations by happy and satisfied clients who have personally experienced the quality of the services offered by the lawyers. Recommendations from happy and satisfied clients are very strong indicators of a law firm’s work ethic. We follow this mantra at the Schmidt Salita Law Team – we are proud to be 5-star rated thanks to our happy clients. The personal injury lawyers at the Schmidt Salita Law Team have 70 years experience collectively in the successful representation of the victims of concussion, whiplash and PTSD injuries.
Respected by Judges, Lawyers and Claims Adjusters – Award of Merit & Other Awards
The American Bar Association has recognized Schmidt Salita Senior Trial Lawyer Doug Schmidt with the Award of Merit.
Schmidt Salita lawyer Doug Schmidt is also the recipient of the Distinguished Service Award from the Minnesota Trial Lawyers Association.
The editorial staff of the Law Review of William Mitchell College of Law recommended Attorney Schmidt as “an accomplished product liability litigator” with a track record of success against large corporations. Douglas Schmidt has served as Adjunct faculty at the University of Minnesota Law School, William Mitchell College of Law, Hamline College of Law, Gustavus Adolphus College and the Northwestern Health Sciences University.
Similarly, Senior trial lawyer Dean Salita has been recognized as a Super Lawyer and maintains the highest rating of “AV” rated by Martindale Hubbell. He currently serves as the Chairman of the Workers’ Compensation Committee for the Minnesota Association of Justice. He has an excellent track record of bringing great settlements to his clients’ cases.
The Schmidt Salita Car Accident Lawyers have earned numerous awards from reputable organizations such as the American Bar Association, the Minnesota Trial Lawyers Association, the Minnesota Association for Justice and other respected institutions.
Schmidt Salita Law Team is reviewed and recommended by Expertise.com. The Team is certified as having an “A+” for professionalism, and an “A+” for reputation.
A Personal Injury Team With Personal Care.
The exceptional track record of Schmidt Salita Law Team speaks for itself with over 70 years of experience in over 10,000 cases, producing over $100 million in recoveries for their clients. The Car Accident Lawyers at the Schmidt Salita Law Team are dedicated to providing legal services with personal attention and care to each case.
Contingent Fee Arrangements Available.
The Workers’ Compensation Lawyers at the Schmidt Salita Law Team understand that the victims of personal injury are often dealing with financial issues due to medical bills, car damage, and lost wages and earnings. Most do not have the financial resources to pay for a lawyer on an hourly basis – especially for a really good lawyer. The answer to this dilemma is the contingent fee contract where the lawyer doesn’t get paid by the hour. Instead, the lawyer gets paid on a “commission basis” like a real estate agent, as a percentage of the settlement produced. The Schmidt Salita Law Team offers contingent fee contracts in most cases.
“PERSONAL INJURY LEGAL SERVICES WITH A PERSONAL TOUCH!”
A Schmidt Salita Car Accident Lawyer will come to your home, or the hospital, for your initial visit. The Schmidt Salita Law Team strives to provide personal injury legal services with a personal touch to help the victims of personal injury through a very difficult time in their lives.