The Concussion Injury Lawyers at the Schmidt Salita Law Team are dedicated to providing justice to the victims of concussion injuries that are so often overlooked by both the medical community and the legal community.
The Schmidt Salita Law Team is comprised of lawyers and legal assistants who work in coordination with members of the health care community that are trained and experienced in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of concussion injuries.
Concussions are very common occurrences. They can happen in a car accident, sports injury, workplace injury or with any trauma that causes either a low blow, or whiplash type jerking of the head.
Some of the lesser known symptoms of a concussion include the following:
- Light and Noise Sensitivity: Light sensitivity lasting for days, weeks and months after a head injury is very common, but often not associated with a concussion.
- Fatigue/ Loss of Energy: Fatigue and reduced energy is a frequent symptom of a concussion injury. Initially, the patient may be excessively sleepy. Later, the patient may experience difficulty getting good sleep. Daytime loss of energy is often the result.
- Irritability: Irritability is a frequent symptom of concussion. Often it is the result of anxiety and frustration due to the symptoms of headaches, reduced mental function, and other concussion symptoms.
- Loss of sense of humor: The concussion patient that is experiencing the symptoms of concussions often has a very hard time seeing any humor in anything. The loss of sense of humor goes along with the irritability.
- Personality changes: Personality changes are common after concussion. Many personality “quirks” can be significantly magnified. The slightly “grouchy” person may become “nasty” and anti-social. The slightly “scatter-brained” individual may become extremely disorganized.
- Changes in taste or smell: Loss or reduced sense of smell (anosmia) and loss or reduced sense of taste (hypogeusia/ageusia) is a well known symptom of brain injury, often overlooked in the initial stages and sometimes never recognized.
- Nightmares: Nightmares of the traumatic event, or even other unrelated traumatic events, is often associated with concussion injuries. In many cases, it is due to post traumatic stress disorder with often occurs simultaneously with concussion injuries.
- Motion sickness: Concussion victims often experience dizziness and balance problems, many of which are due to dysfunction of the vision and vestibular system. Victims of concussions should be sure to seek professional treatment for symptoms of this type.
The Schmidt Salita Law Team Handles a Wide Variety of Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Claims.
The Schmidt Salita Law Team handles cases involving car accidents, trucking accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian car accidents, and bicycle accidents. It has many years’ experience in workers compensation , products liability and medical malpractice cases.
The Schmidt Salita Law Team has extensive experience with concussion injuries, traumatic brain injuries, neck and back injuries, whiplash injuries, broken bones, injured joint injuries (knee, hip, shoulder, wrist, ankle, spinal), amputation injuries, and vision and eye injuries.
The Schmidt Salita Law Team has offices throughout the State of Minnesota. Its primary location is at Ridgedale Office Center in Minnetonka, near the intersection of I-394 and I494. The offices are ground level, handicap accessible with ample parking.
The Schmidt Salita Team Offers Contingent Fee Arrangements.
The firm offers contingent fee agreements (You don’t pay lawyers fees until you collect and then only as a percentage of the settlement). It also offers home and hospital visits to clients whose injuries present difficulty in coming to the office.
“PERSONAL INJURY WITH PERSONAL ATTENTION TO EACH CASE”.
The Schmidt Salita Law Team has locations throughout the Twin Cities metropolitan area of Minneapolis and St. Paul, as well as Minnetonka, Maple Grove, Plymouth, Osseo, Anoka, Coon Rapids, Brooklyn Center, Fridley, Blaine, Shoreview, Woodbury, Falcon Heights, Columbia Park, Stillwater, Hastings, Inver Grove, Cottage Grove, South St. Paul, Apple Valley, Eagan, Burnsville, Savage, Shakopee, Richfield, Bloomington, Chaska, Chanhassen, Edina, Eden Prairie, and Hopkins.
Additional Concussion Resources:
- https://abbott-mediaroom.com/2015-08-24-New-Concussion-Survey-Reveals -Majority-of-Adults-ae-Unable-to Recognize-Common-Concussion-Symptoms
- http://physicians.cattonline.com/resources/files/amssm-position -statement-concussions-in-sports.pdf.