Doug Schmidt Minneapolis Concussion Injury Lawyer, To Speak at Brain Injury Summit on “Concussion and Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries resulting from Car Accidents”.
Minneapolis Concussion Injury Lawyer Douglas Schmidt is scheduled as a keynote speaker at the upcoming Brain Injury Summit. Schmidt will be speaking on the subject of proving concussion injuries in legal cases. He will address the issue of how to obtain justice for concussion injuries. He will note that concussion injuries and mild traumatic brain injuries are often overlooked and not fully appreciated for the serious consequences that can result.
Doug Schmidt is a personal injury lawyer with 40 years of experience in representing the victims of concussions and traumatic brain injuries. His law firm, the Schmidt Salita Law Team (formerly Schmidt Law Firm), has been a pioneer in the detection of concussion injuries resulting from motor vehicle collision trauma that have been overlooked by the medical community.
Schmidt is recognized as one of the premier concussion and mTBI injury lawyers. He has spoken extensively at seminars for chiropractors, medical doctors, and lawyers on subjects relating to Traumatic Brain Injuries and is the author of a publication entitled New Developments in Concussion and Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries (MBCE, 2016).
In addition to his legal interest, Schmidt has also been actively involved in the issue of concussions in youth sports, especially hockey. He worked many years on developing protocols for sideline recognition of concussions in youth hockey.
Minneapolis Concussion Injury Lawyer To Speak at Brain Injury Summit.
Schmidt will be featured as a keynote speaker at The Brain Health Online Summit, speaking about the issue of concussion injuries and brain injuries in car accidents and other types of traumatic events.
The Summit will be geared toward brain injury survivors, caregivers, healthcare professionals, practitioners, medical students, athletes, lawyers, and anyone else interested in brain health.
Schmidt’s presentation will focus on the knowledge and experience that he has acquired in handling 100’s of concussion injury and mild traumatic brain injury cases resulting from car accidents, workplace trauma, and other traumatic injuries.
His presentation will be focused on the following topics:
- 60% of Concussions in Car Accidents Go Undetected/Undiagnosed.
- Victims Cannot Self Diagnose or Give An Accurate History.
- ER Physicians Cannot Reliably Diagnose Concussions. Most MDs Don’t Take a Proper History.
- The Schmidt Salita Law Team Does Active Screening For Concussions and directs its clients to knowledgeable providers.
2. Post Traumatic Amnesia (PTA) Is a More Important Indicator of Brain Injury Than Loss of Consciousness (LOC).
- Many concussions occur without loss of consciousness.
- Medical literature has recognized that PTA is a more important indicator of the severity of a concussion injury than LOC.
- PTA is a transient, intermittent symptom requiring special knowledge for proper history-taking.
3. Many Concussions Have a Delayed Development.
- Delayed onset of symptoms is very common (Mauer, Morneau, Leidner)
- Concussions and brain injuries are the result of a metabolic “cascade” that occurs over days and weeks.
- Victims of concussions often experience much worse symptoms days after the traumatic event.
4. Vision Problems Are A Serious Consequence of mTBI.
- Blurred and double vision.
- Convergence Disorder (difficulty changing focus for near to far and far to near).
- Slowed saccades/pursuit (difficulty changing focus from one item to another).
- 4th Nerve Palsys (the eyes don’t track together).
5. Balance & Dizziness Deficits Are a Significant Consequence of MTBI/Concussions.
The Minneapolis Concussion Injury Lawyers Bring Valuable Experience and Knowledge to Each Concussion Injury and Brain Injury Case.
Schmidt and other Minneapolis Concussion Injury Lawyers on the Schmidt Salita Law Team bring the value of their knowledge and experience to each client’s case. Many clients come to the Team with concussion injuries and traumatic brain injuries that have been totally overlooked by the health care community. The Minneapolis Concussion Injury lawyers work hard to fix that.
If you have been injured and are suffering from headaches, dizziness, and foggy thinking after an injury, you may be suffering from post-concussion syndrome. If you are experiencing irritability, fatigue, sensitivity to noise and light, it is even more likely that you are experiencing post-concussion syndrome following a mild Traumatic Brain Injury.
For a free post-concussion screening, contact the Schmidt Salita Law Team.
The Schmidt Salita Law Team Handles a Wide Variety of Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Claims.
The Schmidt Salita Law Team handles cases involving car accidents, trucking accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian car accidents, and bicycle accidents. It has many years’ experience in workers , products liability and medical malpractice cases.
The Schmidt Salita Law Team has extensive experience with concussion injuries, traumatic brain injuries, neck and back injuries, whiplash injuries, broken bones, injured joint injuries (knee, hip, shoulder, wrist, ankle, spinal), amputation injuries, and vision and eye injuries.
The Schmidt Salita Law Team has offices through out the State of Minnesota. Its primary location is at Ridgedale Office Center in Minnetonka, near the intersection of I394 and I494. The offices offer handicap accessible with ample parking.
The Schmidt Salita Team Offers Contingent Fee Arrangements.
The firm offers contingent fee agreements (You don’t pay lawyers fees until you collect and then only as a percentage of the settlement). It also offers home and hospital visits to clients whose injuries present difficulty in coming to the office.
“PERSONAL INJURY WITH PERSONAL ATTENTION TO EACH CASE”.
The Schmidt Salita Law Team has locations throughout the Twin Cities metropolitan area of Minneapolis and St. Paul, as well as Minnetonka, Maple Grove, Plymouth, Osseo, Anoka, Coon Rapids, Brooklyn Center, Fridley, Blaine, Shoreview, Woodbury, Falcon Heights, Columbia Park, Stillwater, Hastings, Inver Grove, Cottage Grove, South St. Paul, Apple Valley, Eagan, Burnsville, Savage, Shakopee, Richfield, Bloomington, Chaska, Chanhassen, Edina, Eden Prairie, and Hopkins.