The MINNESOTA CONCUSSION INJURY LAWYERS at the SCHMIDT SALITA LAW TEAM are experienced in bringing justice to the victims of head injuries, including concussion injuries and traumatic brain injuries. They collectively have over 100 years experience in successfully representing the victims of concussion injuries and traumatic brain injuries.
The MINNESOTA BRAIN INJURY LAWYERS at the SCHMIDT SALITA LAW TEAM are at the cutting edge of the new and developing medical knowledge regarding the serious and long term effects of concussion injuries and traumatic brain injuries.
LONG HISTORY OF CONCUSSION INJURY LAWYER KNOWLEDGE.
Senior trial lawyer Douglas Schmidt has been at the forefront of the developing knowledge regarding concussion injuries. In 1996, he served as President of District 6 Youth Hockey (Minnetonka, Eden Prairie, Edina, Bloomington, Apple Valley, Burnsville and Eastview). In that capacity, he worked with Mayo Clinic Sports Medicine doctors to develop the first “return to play” sideline concussion assessment protocol for youth hockey players. He has been asked to lecture lawyers, medical doctors, chiropractic doctors, and occupational therapists in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota and 24 other states on concussion injuries. He is the author of the book, Overlooked Concussion Injuries-The Silent Epidemic.
Senior trial lawyer Dean Salita is also recognized as one of the outstanding traumatic brain injury lawyers, having decades of experience in successfully handling traumatic brain injury claims in car accidents, motor vehicle collisions, and workplace injuries.
IMPORTANT CONCUSSION AND BRAIN INJURY FACTS.
- A concussion injury is a traumatic brain injury.
- Concussion injuries are sometimes called “mild” traumatic brain injuries-but many result in serious long-term disability.
- Most (90%) concussions occur without loss of consciousness.
- Many concussions occur without a direct blow to the head.
- The symptoms of a concussion often are not apparent until days or weeks after the traumatic injury.
- Over 50% of concussion victims do not seek immediate medical attention.
- Over 50% of the concussion victims to seek medical attention in a hospital emergency room are not diagnosed with a concussion.
- Most medical doctors are not up-to-date regarding current, modern concussion knowledge.
- The symptoms of concussion injuries vary widely from case to case with poor uniformity of initial symptoms.
COMMON SYMPTOMS OF A CONCUSSION INJURY.
A CONCUSSION IS LIKE A “WHIPLASH OF THE BRAIN”.
The CONCUSSION INJURY ATTORNEYS at the SCHMIDT SALITA LAW TEAM know that concussion injuries occur when the jelly-like substance of the brain gets forcibly slammed into the hard inner surface of the skull with the same flexion-extension forces that cause a whiplash of the neck. Medical researchers have long known that the symptoms of a cervical (neck) whiplash often produce symptoms similar to that of a concussion injury to the brain.
SO MANY CONCUSSION INJURIES ARE INITIALLY OVERLOOKED.
Many concussion injuries are overlooked by the medical community for many reasons, including the following:
- Concussion symptoms are often not immediately apparent.
- Concussion victims are often unaware, because of the mental confusion an disorientation that comes with the concussion, of the fact that they have suffered a concussion-and don’t seek medical attention.
- Concussion victims are often unable to give a good report to the doctors of their symptoms because of the mental confusion and disorientation that goes with the concussion injury.
- Many of the concussion symptoms are not unique to a concussion injury-they are symptoms common to other medical conditions (headaches, nausea, blurred vision, dizziness, etc.)
HIGHLY RESPECTED CONCUSSION ASSESSMENT TOOLS ARE VERY SELDOM USED BY THE MEDICAL COMMUNITY.
The US Center for Disease Control and Prevention has established a recommended tool for the assessment of concussion injuries. However, that recommendation is almost always ignored in day-to-day medical practice.
CONCUSSION INJURY VICTIMS NEED THE SERVICES OF A KNOWLEDGEABLE CONCUSSION INJURY LAWYER IN ORDER TO RECEIVE JUSTICE.
The medical community is largely “still in the dark ages” regarding concussion injuries. Just as the NFL football players were ignored for many years, so are the victims of concussion injuries from car accidents, workplace injuries and other traumatic injury events. For that reason, concussion victims need the services of knowledgeable concussion injury lawyers.
CONCUSSION INJURY LAWYERS SERVING THE ENTIRE STATE OF MINNESOTA .
The CONCUSSION INJURY LAWYERS and the BRAIN INJURY LAWYERS at the SCHMIDT SALITA LAW TEAM provide concussion injury services to the entire State of Minnesota, including Minneapolis and St. Paul, as well as Minnetonka, Maple Grove, Plymouth, Osseo, Anoka, Coon Rapids, Brooklyn Center, Fridley, Blaine, Shoreview, Woodbury, Falcon Heights, Columbia Park, Stillwater, Hastings, Inver Grove, Cottage Grove, South St. Paul, Apple Valley, Eagan, Burnsville, Savage, Shakopee, Richfield, Bloomington, Chaska, Chanhassen, Edina, Eden Prairie, and Hopkins.