MINNESOTA BRAIN INJURY LAWYERS-CONCUSSION IN CAR ACCIDENTS.
The new areas of understanding include these:
- Long term disability from concussion injuries can occur without any significant immediate concussion symptoms. Conversely, post concussion symptoms can develop many days after the concussion injury.
- The severity of the initial symptoms has no direct relationship with the severity of the long-term effects.
- Millions of concussion injuries are overlooked every year because the symptoms are not immediately apparent, because many victims do not seek medical attention, and because proper medical evaluation is not provided.
- The victims of car accidents often experience painful physical injuries that make diagnosis of any concussion injury very difficult. The symptoms of pain act to seriously increase the symptoms of concussion.
- The victims of car accidents often experience Post Traumatic Stress Disorder that also compounds the concussion symptoms.
MINNESOTA BRAIN INJURY LAWYERS-CONCUSSION INJURIES IN CAR ACCIDENTS.
Every year, millions of the victims of car accidents suffer concussion and brain injuries that are overlooked by the medical community. Many are overlooked because proper assessment simply cannot be made in the acute stage of the injury. Many simply cannot be immediately diagnosed because the symptom development is delayed and not immediately apparent. Many are disguised by the over-riding symptoms of pain from physical injury. Others are disguised by symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Minneapolis Injury Lawyers at the Schmidt Salita Law Team are dedicated to bringing justice to the victims of personal injury and wrongful death in car accidents, workplace injuries, and other types of traumatic injuries and wrongful death. They believe strongly in the principles of equal protection and due process.
The Schmidt Salita Law Team has locations throughout the Twin Cities metropolitan area of Minneapolis and St. Paul, as well as the many suburbs of the Twin Cities, including Minnetonka, Maple Grove, Plymouth, Osseo, Anoka, Coon Rapids, Brooklyn Center, Fridley, Blaine, Shoreview, Woodbury, Falcon Heights, Columbia Park, Stillwater, Hastings, Inver Grove, Cottage Grove, South St. Paul, Apple Valley, Eagan, Burnsville, Savage, Shakopee, Richfield, Bloomington, Chaska, Chanhassen, Edina, Eden Prairie, and Hopkins.