MINNESOTA PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS-FACET JOINT INJURIES TO NECK AND BACK.
The personal injury lawyers are the Schmidt Salita Law Team are experienced in the handling of personal injury cases involving injuries to the head (traumatic brain injuries and concussion injuries) as well as to the neck and back (fractures of the vertebrae, herniations of the intervertebral discs, muscle, ligament and tendon injuries, and facet joint injuries).
They know that it is a fact that Facet Joint Injury (M54.02) of the neck and back are well know to be the primary cause of chronic pain lasting more than 1 year in 60% of the cases.
A respected medical authority recently stated that,
According to peer-reviewed research, the main cause of neck pain and headache among patients which chronic motor vehicle crash-related injuries is injury to the cervical facet joint…60% of chronic nonradicular neck pain after MV crash-related injuries was caused by cervical facet joint injury. (Confirmed by biomechanical and post mortem studies)
The North American Spine Society agrees, saying, “Facet Joint Pain is the most common cause of chronic neck pain after a car accident.”
Facet Joint Syndrome (M53.8) is a well recognized medical problem.
- Facet joint syndrome is the condition (inflammation, degeneration, etc.) that results from the injury to the facet joint (synovial) capsule and the facet ligaments and nerves, causing pain.. ICD Diagnosis Code M53.86.
- Facet joint syndrome causes referred pain into the upper and lower extremities, chest wall and head.
- Facet joint syndrome, traumatically induced, can be the cause of chronic (permanent) pain for a lifetime (Manchikanti et al. 2005).
According to well recognized medical research, 50% of all chronic spinal pain sufferers had facet joint involvement (Merskey & Bogduk, 1994).
CERVICAL FACET SYNDROME IS A BIG DEAL
Cervical Facet Syndrome (M53.8) has been defined and described by experts as follows:
A syndrome of head, neck, shoulder and proximal extremity pain largely in non-dermatomal distribution, usually dull and ill-defined in character;
- -worsened by flexion, extension and lateral bending of the neck (either bilateral or unilateral);
- usually with no motor or sensory deficits.
Can cause severe pain.
Source: Simon, Whiplash: Hyperflexion-Extension Injury, TASAnet (2016)
THE MINNESOTA PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS AT THE SCHMIDT SALITA LAW TEAM ARE 5 STAR RATED.
If you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle collision, whether car accident, trucking accident, motorcycle accident, bicycle accident or car-pedestrian accident, it is valuable to have the services and support of a 5 star rated personal injury law firm. The personal injury lawyers at the Schmidt Salita Law Team are 5 star rated by their clients who have had first-hand experience with the high quality of their work.