MESOTHELIOMA LAWYER MINNEAPOLIS.
The MESOTHELIOMA LAWYER MINNEAPOLIS at the Schmidt Salita Law Firm have been fighting for the victims of mesothelioma and asbestos exposure for nearly 25 years. Mesothelioma Lawyer Minneapolis, Dean Salita, handles many occupational exposure cases including work related injury and diseases including mesothelioma.
MESOTHELIOMA LAWYER MINNEAPOLIS, Dean Salita is chair of the Minnesota Association for Justice Workers’ Compensation section. He is a frequent lecturer at Continuing Legal Education events. He has been a Super Lawyer and maintains the highest AV rating by Martindale Hubble.
Dean is an experienced Personal Injury trial lawyer, having represented his clients in District Court jury trials, arbitration, and Workers Compensation trials. He is especially proud of the fact that he cares deeply about his clients and provides personal attention to help guide them through the legal process.
MESOTHELIOMA LAWYER MINNEAPOLIS – SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE IN HANDLING MESOTHELIOMA CASES.
Mesothelioma is a cancer that results as an exposure to cancer people who are suffering from mesothelioma have an excellent chance of recovering large settlements through legal avenues. This can be either from the company that manufactured or installed the asbestos, or from an asbestos victims’ trust fund. There are also workers’ compensation claims against the employers where the exposure occurred. These cases can get complex, especially from a medical standpoint, since mesothelioma often shows up 10 to 40 years after exposure to asbestos. Having an experienced attorney who specializes in cases related to mesothelioma and asbestos on your side gives you the best opportunity in a potential law suit. If the person with mesothelioma has passed away or is still alive there are different benefits to be claimed.families also suffer the effects of a loved one with Mesothelioma and the struggles that come with cancer for the whole family
MESOTHELIOMA LAWYER MINNEAPOLIS – WHAT PROFESSIONS ARE MOST AT RISK.
Asbestos was used in a wide range of products throughout the 1970s. Once considered a miracle material for its durability and cost manufacturers relied on this naturally occurring mineral as a cost effective way to make their products stronger as well as fire resistant. These qualities made asbestos a useful and popular addition to building materials, protective gear, insulation, and more.
However, when airborne, tiny asbestos fibers can be inhaled, causing mesothelioma, a serious and fatal cancer. Because of its widespread use for many decades professionals in many industries and occupations are at risk of exposure with asbestos. Members of various trades and occupations are at a higher risk of asbestos exposure, including:
- Assembly Line Workers
- Automotive Workers / Repairmen
- Construction Workers
- Demolition Workers
- HVAC Technicians
- Plant Workers and Technicians
- Ship Builders
MESOTHELIOMA LAWYER MINNEAPOLIS – WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR A MESOTHELIOMA SETTLEMENT?
Asbestos litigation is a unique process, from the date of filing the case to the settlement. This is because mesothelioma cases typically have a short statutes of limitations (the time in which you’re allowed to file a lawsuit) but require a long legal process.
Due to the nature of the illness and life expectancy of the claimant courts generally believe that such cases should be handled with expediency and go forward as quickly as possible. Here are the steps that lead up to your settlement:
- Interview and information gathering: To get started you will consult with attorneys who will speak with you about your health and confirm your official medical diagnosis. The Mesothelioma Lawyer Minneapolis makes this process as simple and stress-free as possible. Attorney Dean Salita has spent nearly 25 years representing victims and the families of asbestos exposure and is compassionate and understanding of your pain. During your consultation we will discuss your work history and identify where and when you were exposed to asbestos and assess the damages caused by your asbestos related illness.
- Filing your Mesothelioma claim: There are laws regarding where you can make your claim, and only when we know the facts can we determine where your suit should be filed. We represent Minnesota workers exposed to asbestos in their jobs, if needed, we’ll recommend the most appropriate attorney in our long-established network of legal specialists in different states with whom we have worked before.
- Discovery: The Mesothelioma Lawyer Minneapolis will have an opportunity to question the companies responsible for your asbestos exposure in a deposition. Their attorneys will also have the opportunity to question you. During this process both sides will gather information that may be used in court if necessary. Court is considered a last resort and most asbestos lawsuits end in settlement because the evidence is usually very strong and on our victims’ side.
- Reaching a fair settlement: If the companies responsible for your asbestos exposure make settlement offers, we will advise you on whether or not you should accept. This is where having an experienced mesothelioma attorney is essential. Mesothelioma Lawyer Minneapolis has decades of experience in asbestos litigation ensure that he knows a fair mesothelioma settlement amount. Furthermore, he understands the financial impact that fighting a asbestos illness has. He knows how much you’ll need to take care of your family, pay your bills and maintain the standard of living you have earned. He also knows what he can successfully obtain as compensation for the mental and physical pain that comes with a asbestos-related disease.
Having the wrong attorney evaluate your settlement offer could cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars, possibly even millions.
Dean Salita is a Highly Respected and Highly Rated as a Mesothelioma and Asbestos Exposure Lawyer.
Dean Salita is a highly respected Mesothelioma and Asbestos exposure lawyer. He has been recognized as a Super Lawyer. He also is distinguished as one of the best workers compensation lawyers in the State of Minnesota. He currently serves as the Chair of the Workers Compensation Committee of the Minnesota Association of Justice. He has a great track record in bringing justice to the victims of personal injury and wrongful death with million dollar recoveries.
The Schmidt Salita Team Offers Contingent Fee Arrangements.
The firm offers contingent fee agreements (You don’t pay lawyers fees until you collect and then only as a percentage of the settlement). It also offers home and hospital visits to clients whose injuries present difficulty in coming to the office.
“PERSONAL INJURY WITH PERSONAL ATTENTION TO EACH CASE”.
The Schmidt Salita Law Team has locations throughout the Twin Cities metropolitan area of Minneapolis and St. Paul, as well as Minnetonka, Maple Grove, Plymouth, Osseo, Anoka, Coon Rapids, Brooklyn Center, Fridley, Blaine, Shoreview, Woodbury, Falcon Heights, Columbia Park, Stillwater, Hastings, Inver Grove, Cottage Grove, South St. Paul, Apple Valley, Eagan, Burnsville, Savage, Shakopee, Richfield, Bloomington, Chaska, Chanhassen, Edina, Eden Prairie, and Hopkins.