MINNEAPOLIS SEXUAL ASSAULT LAWYERS CAN BRING JUSTICE TO SEXUAL ASSAULT AND ABUSE VICTIMS.
SEXUAL ASSAULT AND ABUSE IS A HUGE PROBLEM.
The SEXUAL ASSAULT LAWYERS at the Schmidt Salita Law Team know that sexual assault and abuse is a major problem of crisis proportions in Minnesota as well as elsewhere in the US.
- Sexual assault and abuse takes many forms. The worst is rape
- The Minnesota Department of Health has reported the 77,000 Minnesota citizens were sexually assaulted in a single year.
- In a single year, the State of Minnesota spent $130 million on perpetrators of sexual assault.
- Nearly 300 complaints of sexual assault have been reported at Minnesota colleges and universities in the year 2015 alone.
- It is estimated that 30% of all sexual assaults are not reported.
- Less than half of the people who suffered domestic violence ever seek help.
- In 2015, there were 29 domestic violence homicides reported in Minnesota.
- 58% of the victims of domestic violence return to the home of the abuser.
- More than 65,000 adults in Minnesota receive domestic violence services each yer.
- The statistics are shocking. In most cases, criminal penalties are available. In some cases, civil remedies are available.
THE SCHMIDT SALITA LAW TEAM HAS EXPERIENCE IN BRINGING JUSTICE TO SEXUAL ASSAULT VICTIMS.
The SEXUAL ASSAULT LAWYERS at the Schmidt Salita Law Team have over 30 years experience in bringing justice to some of the victims of sexual assualt and abuse. The following are examples:
- The case of a 16 year old that was raped/sexually assaulted in a residential treatment facility that was part of a major hospital. (Confidential settlement amount.)
- The case of a 38 year old patient at Abbott Northwestern Hospital that was raped/sexually assaulted by another patient ($483,000.00 jury verdict).
- The case of a 16 year old resident of a group home that was sexually assaulted by a janitor. ($200,000.00 settlement)
- The case of a nurse that was assaulted by a doctor in a hospital. (confidential settlement)
These case are very difficult and collecting a money judgment against the perpetrator can be a challenge. The skills of a personal injury lawyer with experience and skill in this area is important.