MINNESOTA’S FIREWORKS INJURY LAWYERS HANDLED THE WORST FIREWORKS DISASTER IN MINNESOTA HISTORY.
Perhaps the largest and most severe fireworks injury disaster in Minnesota history occurred in Caledonia, Minnesota in 1976. Minnesota Fireworks Injury Lawyer Douglas Schmidt represented the principal victim, a child the sustained it massive leg and foot injuries resulting from the explosion of a skyrocket that landed in the crowd of spectators.
1976 was the year of America as a celebration of the Bicentennial, namely 200 years of glorious history of our nation. Caledonia, Minnesota, like most other All-American cities and towns, sponsored the Bicentennial celebration.
There was a collection of at least six mistakes which all resulted in the disaster .
1. Sadly, the persons that volunteered to ignite fireworks were inexperienced.
2. They had not read the instructions that came with the supply of fireworks from the manufacturer.
3. The decision as the the venue was wrong. The area from which the fireworks were to be ignited was located far too close to the spectator area.
4. The supply of fireworks was laid out on a pickup box without any covering to protect against wayward sparks.
5. An improper ignition source was used, causing sparks to fall into the pickup box containing the entire supply.
The result was that the entire supply of fireworks, that was intended to be displayed over a long period of time, all exploded at once, much of it landing in the spectator area.
Minnesota fireworks injury lawyer Douglas Schmidt successfully settled the case for the primary injury victim against the sponsors and participants of the event. Schmidt also filed suit against the manufacturer and the case was tried before a Houston County, Minnesota jury.
Schmidt is a senior personal injury trial lawyer at the Schmidt Salita Law Team with over which has over 70 years of experience in bringing justice to the victims of personal injury and wrongful death. That experience includes the handling of many car accident cases, trucking accident cases, motorcycle accident cases, pedestrian-car accident cases, and boating accident cases.
The Schmidt Salita Law Team is a 5 star, AV rated personal injury law firm which serves the entire state of Minnesota, including Minneapolis and St. Paul, as well as Minnetonka, Maple Grove, Plymouth, Osseo, Anoka, Coon Rapids, Brooklyn Center, Fridley, Blaine, Shoreview, Woodbury, Falcon Heights, Columbia Park, Stillwater, Hastings, Inver Grove, Cottage Grove, South St. Paul, Apple Valley, Eagan, Burnsville, Savage, Shakopee, Richfield, Bloomington, Chaska, Chanhassen, Edina, Eden Prairie, and Hopkins.