A experienced Minneapolis wrongful death lawyer knows that, under Minnesota's Wrongful Death law, the family of the victim of an personal injury that results in the death of the victim is entitled to recover money damages against the at-fault party.
This is true whether the victim's death is due to a car accident (see car accident lawyer), a boating accident (see boating accident lawyer), a product defect (see product liability lawyer), or medical malpractice (see medical malpractice lawyer).
An injury causing death which happens in the course of a worker's employment is covered separately under Minnesota's Workers Compensation Law (see workers compensation lawyer).
Under Minnesota law, the relatives of the person killed can petition the court to appoint a Trustee who is then authorized to pursue the claim on behalf of the all of the family members of the decedent. The family members must pursue the claim through the Trustee and are not allowed to bring separate claims.
If you have a potential wrongful death claim for your loved one, call the Schmidt Law Firm at 1-800-656-8450 or visit our Contact Us page and send a message to request a free first visit and a free case evaluation with an experienced Minneapolis accident lawyer who is willing to provide legal services on a contingent fee basis.
Take a look at some of the wrongful death cases we have handled.
Douglas E. Schmidt
Personal Injury Attorney
13911 Ridgedale Drive,
Minneapolis, MN 55305
Phone (952) 473-4530
Toll Free 1-800-656-8450
Fax (952) 544-1308
1. $54 Million for Minnesota Farmers.
2. $2.2 million for Trucking Collision Injury Case.
3. $1.4 million Jury Trial for Minnesota Farmer.
4. $2.4 million Jury Verdict in Medical Malpractice case.
5. $620,000 for Injury to Motorcycle Driver.
6. $450,000 for Injuries from Mack truck collision.
7. $900,000 Court Award in Farm Injury.
8. $300,000 for Man Injured in ATV accident.
9. $600,000 for Zamboni Lung Injuries.
10. $1 million Jury Award in Medical Malpractice Case.
11. $600,000 against Ford Motor
12. $600,000 in Medical Malpractice Case
13. $800,000 Judgment in Nursing Home Death case.
14. $743,000 jury verdict in car accident.
15. $445,000 in slip & fall case.
16. $1 million in sexual assault case.
17. $440,000 in sexual assault jury verdict.
18. $600,000 recovery for victims of lung injuries.
19. $3 million plus in No Fault recoveries.
20. $8 million in medical malpractice recoveries.
©2009 Schmidt Law Firm, Powered by Webopts