To view this, you need to install the Flash Player 5. Please go to here and download it.
The Schmidt Law Firm has a wonderful reputation for handling difficult and challenging personal injury and wrongful death cases. Douglas E. Schmidt, the senior trial lawyer at the Schmidt Law Firm has handled many complicated and difficult product liability and medical malpractice claims.
One of the most challenging of this cases was that in which Douglas E. Schmidt successfully represented some 43 victims of lung injury caused by a defective Zamboni ice-resurfacing machine at the Jay Cook Ice Arena in Coon Rapids, Minnesota. The victims were hockey players, hockey coaches, hockey team cheerleaders and spectators.
These injuries occurred as the combination of three major problems. First, the Zamboni was fueled by propane and its carburetion was improperly adjusted so that it was emitting nitrogen dioxide, a gas that can cause serious damage to lung tissue when inhaled.
Secondly, the personnel of the ice arena was violating State law which required testing of the air quality on the regular basis.
Thirdly, the personnel of the ice arena had shut down the arena’s ventilation system, also in violation of State law.
The City of Coon Rapids refused to offer fair settlements to the victims and Schmidt took five of these cases to a jury trial and won all five, obtaining jury verdicts of approximately $400,000. The remainder of the cases successfully settled after these trials.
The Schmidt Law Firm has over 30 years experience in over 6,000 successful cases involving personal injury and wrongful death.
Douglas E. Schmidt
Personal Injury Attorney
13911 Ridgedale Drive,
Minneapolis, MN 55305
Phone (952) 473-4530
Toll Free 1-800-656-8450
Fax (952) 544-1308
1. $54 Million for Minnesota Farmers.
2. $2.2 million for Trucking Collision Injury Case.
3. $1.4 million Jury Trial for Minnesota Farmer.
4. $2.4 million Jury Verdict in Medical Malpractice case.
5. $620,000 for Injury to Motorcycle Driver.
6. $450,000 for Injuries from Mack truck collision.
7. $900,000 Court Award in Farm Injury.
8. $300,000 for Man Injured in ATV accident.
9. $600,000 for Zamboni Lung Injuries.
10. $1 million Jury Award in Medical Malpractice Case.
11. $600,000 against Ford Motor
12. $600,000 in Medical Malpractice Case
13. $800,000 Judgment in Nursing Home Death case.
14. $743,000 jury verdict in car accident.
15. $445,000 in slip & fall case.
16. $1 million in sexual assault case.
17. $440,000 in sexual assault jury verdict.
18. $600,000 recovery for victims of lung injuries.
19. $3 million plus in No Fault recoveries.
20. $8 million in medical malpractice recoveries.
©2009 Schmidt Law Firm, Powered by Webopts