To view this, you need to install the Flash Player 5. Please go to here and download it.
A jury returned a verdict of $2.4 million for a Jordan, Minnesota woman for injuries sustained by her during a gall bladder surgery at St. Francis Hospital in Shakopee, Minnesota. She was represented by attorney Douglas E. Schmidt of the Schmidt law firm.
This is believed to be the largest jury verdict in a personal injury case of this type in Scott County, Minnesota. It is also believed to be one of the largest for injuries of that nature.
The woman’s injuries were suffered during a gall bladder surgery (cholecystectomy). The surgery was successfully completed. At the conclusion, the doctor attempted to insert a central venous catheter (CVC) line. Complications occurred when the surgeon had difficulty inserting the line and pierced an artery in doing so. The patient developed stroke-like symptoms which were first observed in the post-operative recovery period.
The case was fiercely defending and went all the way to a jury decision. The jury ruled in favor of Schmidt’s client, apparently finding medical negligence in both the improper insertion of the CVC line and also the failure to provide appropriate treatment in response to the post-surgical problems that developed.
The Schmidt Law Firm has 30 years experience in successfully handling injury and wrongful death cases resulting from medical malpractice, hospital malpractice, nursing malpractice and prescription drug error claims.
Click here for more information regarding the firm’s success in handling injury and wrongful death claims arising from medical malpractice, hospital malpractice, nursing malpractice and drug error claims.
Douglas E. Schmidt
Personal Injury Attorney
13911 Ridgedale Drive,
Minneapolis, MN 55305
Phone (952) 473-4530
Toll Free 1-800-656-8450
Fax (952) 544-1308
1. $54 Million for Minnesota Farmers.
2. $2.2 million for Trucking Collision Injury Case.
3. $1.4 million Jury Trial for Minnesota Farmer.
4. $2.4 million Jury Verdict in Medical Malpractice case.
5. $620,000 for Injury to Motorcycle Driver.
6. $450,000 for Injuries from Mack truck collision.
7. $900,000 Court Award in Farm Injury.
8. $300,000 for Man Injured in ATV accident.
9. $600,000 for Zamboni Lung Injuries.
10. $1 million Jury Award in Medical Malpractice Case.
11. $600,000 against Ford Motor
12. $600,000 in Medical Malpractice Case
13. $800,000 Judgment in Nursing Home Death case.
14. $743,000 jury verdict in car accident.
15. $445,000 in slip & fall case.
16. $1 million in sexual assault case.
17. $440,000 in sexual assault jury verdict.
18. $600,000 recovery for victims of lung injuries.
19. $3 million plus in No Fault recoveries.
20. $8 million in medical malpractice recoveries.
©2009 Schmidt Law Firm, Powered by Webopts