While pedestrians almost always have the right of way, most people gladly sacrifice this right when an impatient or distracted driver refuses to yield. Unfortunately, as a pedestrian, it is sometimes impossible to completely protect yourself from an oncoming car. An average of eight Minneapolis pedestrians are killed every year. Nationwide, a pedestrian is killed every two hours and one is injured every seven minutes. Drivers are almost always at fault in these types of accidents. If you or a loved one was killed or injured while walking on the street, contact an experienced Minneapolis car accident attorney.
Pedestrians struck by vehicles are at high risk for major injuries because they have no safety equipment. Common injuries to pedestrians hit by cars include:
Many of these injuries are life-changing. Even worse, some people do not survive the injuries. If you or a loved one was killed or injured while walking beside the street, you need the expertise of a skilled Minneapolis accident lawyer. Your attorney can help you negotiate a fair settlement with your insurance company or aid you in filing suit for:
If you have any questions or are ready to schedule your free initial appointment, contact our offices today to speak with a skilled Minneapolis pedestrian accident lawyer. The Schmidt Law Firm prides itself on providing the utmost attention to detail, allowing you to collect the maximum possible settlement. If you were hit by a car while walking, do not wait another day - call a Minneapolis pedestrian accident lawyer today to discuss your case.
Douglas E. Schmidt
Personal Injury Attorney
13911 Ridgedale Drive,
Minneapolis, MN 55305
Phone (952) 473-4530
Toll Free 1-800-656-8450
Fax (952) 544-1308
1. $54 Million for Minnesota Farmers.
2. $2.2 million for Trucking Collision Injury Case.
3. $1.4 million Jury Trial for Minnesota Farmer.
4. $2.4 million Jury Verdict in Medical Malpractice case.
5. $620,000 for Injury to Motorcycle Driver.
6. $450,000 for Injuries from Mack truck collision.
7. $900,000 Court Award in Farm Injury.
8. $300,000 for Man Injured in ATV accident.
9. $600,000 for Zamboni Lung Injuries.
10. $1 million Jury Award in Medical Malpractice Case.
11. $600,000 against Ford Motor
12. $600,000 in Medical Malpractice Case
13. $800,000 Judgment in Nursing Home Death case.
14. $743,000 jury verdict in car accident.
15. $445,000 in slip & fall case.
16. $1 million in sexual assault case.
17. $440,000 in sexual assault jury verdict.
18. $600,000 recovery for victims of lung injuries.
19. $3 million plus in No Fault recoveries.
20. $8 million in medical malpractice recoveries.
©2009 Schmidt Law Firm, Powered by Webopts