Myofascitis, myofascial "trigger points" and myofascial pain syndrome have long been recognized by the chiropractic community-and the medical community as well.
It was first brought to the attention of the medical and chiropractic community in the famous textbook Myofascial Pain and Dysfunction-The Trigger Point Manual, by Dr. Janet Travell and Dr. David Simons, both medical doctors.
In 1989, the University of Minnesota sponsored the 1st International Symposium on Myofascial Pain and Fibromyalgia. Doctors Travell and Simons were keynote speakers. Dr. James Fricton of the University of Minnesota and Dr. Essam A. Awad who co-authored another textbook entitled Myofascial Pain and Fibromyalgia in 1990 were also keynote speakers. Other speakers included eminent doctors from all over the world-Germany, Denmark, France, Sweden, Italy, Australia, Russia, Austria and China.
The American Medical Association teaches about myofascial pain syndrome in its Continuing Medical Education courses.
Yet, remarkably, many medical doctors continue to refuse to recognize myofascitis and myofascial pain syndrome as a credible clinical entity.
Douglas E. Schmidt, of the Schmidt Law Firm, has recently encountered several such doctors, including both Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeons and Board Certified Neurologists. He has effectively cross examined them with the materials referenced herein using the extensive medical library at the Schmidt Law Firm.
Recently, Schmidt was featured as a keynote speaker at the Minnesota Trial Lawyers annual convention, where he spoke on the subject of Chronic Pain Assessment. His presentation included instruction on chronic myofacial pain syndrome, chronic discogenic pain syndrome and chronic facet-medicated pain syndrome.
Douglas E. Schmidt
Personal Injury Attorney
13911 Ridgedale Drive,
Minneapolis, MN 55305
Phone (952) 473-4530
Toll Free 1-800-656-8450
Fax (952) 544-1308
1. $54 Million for Minnesota Farmers.
2. $2.2 million for Trucking Collision Injury Case.
3. $1.4 million Jury Trial for Minnesota Farmer.
4. $2.4 million Jury Verdict in Medical Malpractice case.
5. $620,000 for Injury to Motorcycle Driver.
6. $450,000 for Injuries from Mack truck collision.
7. $900,000 Court Award in Farm Injury.
8. $300,000 for Man Injured in ATV accident.
9. $600,000 for Zamboni Lung Injuries.
10. $1 million Jury Award in Medical Malpractice Case.
11. $600,000 against Ford Motor
12. $600,000 in Medical Malpractice Case
13. $800,000 Judgment in Nursing Home Death case.
14. $743,000 jury verdict in car accident.
15. $445,000 in slip & fall case.
16. $1 million in sexual assault case.
17. $440,000 in sexual assault jury verdict.
18. $600,000 recovery for victims of lung injuries.
19. $3 million plus in No Fault recoveries.
20. $8 million in medical malpractice recoveries.
©2009 Schmidt Law Firm, Powered by Webopts