Under Minnesota Medical Malpractice Law, medical malpractice occurs when medical negligence causes unnecessary injury or death to the patient.
Medical malpractice often results in very serious injuries and/or death. Recent studies show that over 90,000 deaths happen every year in hospitals as a result of medical negligence. (That is twice as many as die in car accidents!!!)
Any experienced medical malpractice attorney in Minneapolis, MN knows that the successful prosecution of a medical malpractice claim requires a Minnesota medical malpractice lawyer who has a strong medical knowledge base in addition to a strong legal background.
The Schmidt Law Firm has 40 Years of experience in handling medical negligence claims, with successful results against Mayo Clinic, major drug companies and major medical appliance companies with many cases which have produced results over $1 million. (See our Minnesota product liability page for information about defective medical products and defective and dangerous drugs and defective pharmaceuticals.)
If you were hurt in a bike accident, contact Schmidt Law Firm
Under Minnesota Medical Malpractice Law, medical negligence is defined as the improper treatment of a medical patient which is below the standard of care used by health care providers under similar circumstances. Accordingly, to establish a winning medical negligence claim, the medical malpractice attorney in Minneapolis, MN must prove that a doctor or other health care provider has done something that amounts to a deviation from standard care and, through negligence or error, causes injury or death. This is a difficulty factor that is much greater than that which confronts Minnesota personal injury lawyers in other cases.
Medical malpractice cases can include:
Medical malpractice victims should not delay contacting Schmidt Law Firm for a “free first visit” and free case evaluation. We also take cases on a contingent fee basis, which means that you don't have to pay for our Minneapolis accident attorney fees until we produce a settlement.
If you have a medical malpractice claim, call the Schmidt Law Firm at 1-800-656-8450 or visit our Contact Us page to send a message to request a free first visit and a free case evaluation by a medical malpractice attorney in the Minneapolis / St. Paul metro area in Minnesota.
Read more on Medical Definition Terminology
Douglas E. Schmidt
Personal Injury Attorney
13911 Ridgedale Drive,
Minneapolis, MN 55305
Phone (952) 473-4530
Toll Free 1-800-656-8450
Fax (952) 544-1308
1. $54 Million for Minnesota Farmers.
2. $2.2 million for Trucking Collision Injury Case.
3. $1.4 million Jury Trial for Minnesota Farmer.
4. $2.4 million Jury Verdict in Medical Malpractice case.
5. $620,000 for Injury to Motorcycle Driver.
6. $450,000 for Injuries from Mack truck collision.
7. $900,000 Court Award in Farm Injury.
8. $300,000 for Man Injured in ATV accident.
9. $600,000 for Zamboni Lung Injuries.
10. $1 million Jury Award in Medical Malpractice Case.
11. $600,000 against Ford Motor
12. $600,000 in Medical Malpractice Case
13. $800,000 Judgment in Nursing Home Death case.
14. $743,000 jury verdict in car accident.
15. $445,000 in slip & fall case.
16. $1 million in sexual assault case.
17. $440,000 in sexual assault jury verdict.
18. $600,000 recovery for victims of lung injuries.
19. $3 million plus in No Fault recoveries.
20. $8 million in medical malpractice recoveries.
©2009 Schmidt Law Firm, Powered by Webopts