To view this, you need to install the Flash Player 5. Please go to here and download it.
In most personal injuries cases, the biggest delay is caused by medical issues. A personal injury claim cannot be properly made without medical evidence to support the claim. Insurance companies simply will not make a fair offer of settlement without first being presented with medical records and the reports of medical doctors which provide evidence of the nature, extent and severity of the injuries.
The amount of permanent injury is the biggest single factor that affects the value of the case. If there is a lot of permanent injury, the value of the case is much greater. If only minor permanent injury, the value of the case is much less.
Most doctors refuse to issue a medical report outlining the degree of permanent disability until as much as 1 to 1 ½ years has passed. In wrongful death cases, that delay is uneccessary.
Often one of the most challenging parts of any personal injury case is that of getting the medical reports from the treating doctors. There has been some cases in which some of the doctors have taken as long s 6-8 months to issue those reposts after first being asked!
After the doctors have finally issued their reports, the insurance company often needs 3 months to evaluate the claim and respond.
The bottem line is that personal injury cases do take a long time even when you have a lawyer who is pushing hard to move the case along.
The Schmidt Law Firm offers an aggressive approach to personal injury claims, whether car accidents, trucking accidents, construction site accidents, industrial accidents, or any other type of injury claim. It understands that the injury victim needs to have the case resolved as soon as possible.
Douglas E. Schmidt
Personal Injury Attorney
13911 Ridgedale Drive,
Minneapolis, MN 55305
Phone (952) 473-4530
Toll Free 1-800-656-8450
Fax (952) 544-1308
1. $54 Million for Minnesota Farmers.
2. $2.2 million for Trucking Collision Injury Case.
3. $1.4 million Jury Trial for Minnesota Farmer.
4. $2.4 million Jury Verdict in Medical Malpractice case.
5. $620,000 for Injury to Motorcycle Driver.
6. $450,000 for Injuries from Mack truck collision.
7. $900,000 Court Award in Farm Injury.
8. $300,000 for Man Injured in ATV accident.
9. $600,000 for Zamboni Lung Injuries.
10. $1 million Jury Award in Medical Malpractice Case.
11. $600,000 against Ford Motor
12. $600,000 in Medical Malpractice Case
13. $800,000 Judgment in Nursing Home Death case.
14. $743,000 jury verdict in car accident.
15. $445,000 in slip & fall case.
16. $1 million in sexual assault case.
17. $440,000 in sexual assault jury verdict.
18. $600,000 recovery for victims of lung injuries.
19. $3 million plus in No Fault recoveries.
20. $8 million in medical malpractice recoveries.
©2009 Schmidt Law Firm, Powered by Webopts