Getting in a dangerous or deadly car accident is devastating. But when the driver of that vehicle was drunk, it is like adding insult to injury. Every state in America has recognized the danger of drunk drivers and made it illegal to drive while intoxicated. Despite these laws, almost 13,000 people died in alcohol related DUI car accidents nationwide in 2007. In the last ten years, drunk drivers cause an average of six fatal DUI car accidents per year just in Minneapolis.
If an inebriated driver gets in an accident, the victim may sue using the same evidence available in the criminal trial. In a civil case against a drunk driver, your Minneapolis auto accident attorney must prove that the person was drunk and then argue the DUI accident claim to get compensation for property damage, injuries or deaths.
Victims of drunk drivers cannot rely on the criminal charges to provide restitution for the crime committed. They must hire a Minneapolis DUI car accident lawyer to file a lawsuit against the drunk driver.
Additionally, the victim can file a lawsuit against the facility that provided the drunk driver with alcohol. If a person was under 21 or plainly drunk already, the bartender should not have served him or her alcohol, making the establishment partially responsible under our state's dram shop law.
An experienced Minneapolis auto accident lawyer can be critical in gaining reimbursement for medical expenses, property damage, loss of wages, punitive damages, and more. If you were the victim of a DUI car accident in Minneapolis, MN, stand up for your rights. Contact The Schmidt Law Firm to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Minneapolis DUI car accident attorney.
Douglas E. Schmidt
Personal Injury Attorney
13911 Ridgedale Drive,
Minneapolis, MN 55305
Phone (952) 473-4530
Toll Free 1-800-656-8450
Fax (952) 544-1308
1. $54 Million for Minnesota Farmers.
2. $2.2 million for Trucking Collision Injury Case.
3. $1.4 million Jury Trial for Minnesota Farmer.
4. $2.4 million Jury Verdict in Medical Malpractice case.
5. $620,000 for Injury to Motorcycle Driver.
6. $450,000 for Injuries from Mack truck collision.
7. $900,000 Court Award in Farm Injury.
8. $300,000 for Man Injured in ATV accident.
9. $600,000 for Zamboni Lung Injuries.
10. $1 million Jury Award in Medical Malpractice Case.
11. $600,000 against Ford Motor
12. $600,000 in Medical Malpractice Case
13. $800,000 Judgment in Nursing Home Death case.
14. $743,000 jury verdict in car accident.
15. $445,000 in slip & fall case.
16. $1 million in sexual assault case.
17. $440,000 in sexual assault jury verdict.
18. $600,000 recovery for victims of lung injuries.
19. $3 million plus in No Fault recoveries.
20. $8 million in medical malpractice recoveries.
©2009 Schmidt Law Firm, Powered by Webopts