While our state has not illegalized cell phone use while driving, it seems likely to be on the horizon. Studies have shown that driving while talking on a cell phone is just as dangerous as drunk driving. Around 2,500 people are killed every year in cell phone related car accidents. Just because the activity is still legal in Minnesota does not mean cell-phone distracted drivers cannot be held responsible. If you were involved in a crash due to another driver’s cell phone use, contact a Minneapolis cell phone car accident attorney.
Just like drivers who read or apply makeup behind the wheel, those who use cell phones while driving are considered reckless. A Minnesota personal injury lawyer can be a great advantage to anyone injured by a reckless driver. We will help you obtain witnesses and find evidence that other lawyers may overlook. For example, if the other driver claims they were not speaking on the phone when they struck your vehicle, a Minneapolis auto accident attorney from our firm can subpoena the cell phone company to receive a copy of the driver’s cell phone use record.
At the Schmidt Law Firm, we take care of our clients, ensuring they receive maximum settlements for their injuries. If you were involved in a car accident caused by cell phone use, a skilled Minneapolis cell phone auto accident lawyer from our firm can help you recover damages for:
Hiring a skilled Minneapolis cell phone car accident lawyer to sue a distracted driver is not only helpful for you, but also helps send a message that drivers who chat on their cell phones will be held responsible for damage they cause.
To speak with a qualified Minnesota personal injury attorney from the Schmidt Law Firm, contact our office today. We offer free initial consultations and case evaluations to assist you in getting back to your pre-accident life.
Douglas E. Schmidt
Personal Injury Attorney
13911 Ridgedale Drive,
Minneapolis, MN 55305
Phone (952) 473-4530
Toll Free 1-800-656-8450
Fax (952) 544-1308
1. $54 Million for Minnesota Farmers.
2. $2.2 million for Trucking Collision Injury Case.
3. $1.4 million Jury Trial for Minnesota Farmer.
4. $2.4 million Jury Verdict in Medical Malpractice case.
5. $620,000 for Injury to Motorcycle Driver.
6. $450,000 for Injuries from Mack truck collision.
7. $900,000 Court Award in Farm Injury.
8. $300,000 for Man Injured in ATV accident.
9. $600,000 for Zamboni Lung Injuries.
10. $1 million Jury Award in Medical Malpractice Case.
11. $600,000 against Ford Motor
12. $600,000 in Medical Malpractice Case
13. $800,000 Judgment in Nursing Home Death case.
14. $743,000 jury verdict in car accident.
15. $445,000 in slip & fall case.
16. $1 million in sexual assault case.
17. $440,000 in sexual assault jury verdict.
18. $600,000 recovery for victims of lung injuries.
19. $3 million plus in No Fault recoveries.
20. $8 million in medical malpractice recoveries.
©2009 Schmidt Law Firm, Powered by Webopts