To view this, you need to install the Flash Player 5. Please go to here and download it.
Experienced Minnesota dog and animal bite attorneys know that a person who has suffered a dog-bite injury, or has been injured as the result of being attacked by a dog, has the right to collect damages from the owner of the dog under Minnesota's Dog Bite law which provides that the owner is legally responsible for the injuries caused by the dog.
The dog bite victim doesn't have to prove the dog owner's negligence in order to collect on the part of the dog owner. Under Minnesota law, the dog's owner is “strictly liable”. That means that the owner is legally responsible to pay money damages to the victim of a dog bite or other injuries caused by a dog attack without the need to prove fault or negligence on the part of the owner. The only defense available is that the dog was provoked by the victim.
The owner is liable even if the dog simply knocks the person down and causes injury such as broken bones, head injuries or other injuries. Damages in dog bite cases are usually covered by homeowner insurance of the dog owner.
Animal attack injury victims who have suffered injury by animals other than dogs, whether horses, cattle, hogs, or otherwise, also have rights under Minnesota law to collect damages for their injuries in the event that negligence can be proven on the part of the animals owner.
Schmidt Law Firm can provide an experienced Minnesota dog bite and animal attorney in the Minneapolis / St. Paul metro area in Minnesota who will provide a free case evaluation.
The Schmidt Law Firm can also put you in touch with an experienced lawyer for other animal attack claims in Minnesota as well.
If you have a potential dog bite case, call the Schmidt Law Firm at 1-800-656-8450 or visit our Contact Us page and send a message to request a free first visit and a free case evaluation with a Minnesota accident attorney. Our firm handles cases on a contingent fee, which means that you don't have to pay the lawyer unless and until you get a settlement.
Douglas E. Schmidt
Personal Injury Attorney
13911 Ridgedale Drive,
Minneapolis, MN 55305
Phone (952) 473-4530
Toll Free 1-800-656-8450
Fax (952) 544-1308
1. $54 Million for Minnesota Farmers.
2. $2.2 million for Trucking Collision Injury Case.
3. $1.4 million Jury Trial for Minnesota Farmer.
4. $2.4 million Jury Verdict in Medical Malpractice case.
5. $620,000 for Injury to Motorcycle Driver.
6. $450,000 for Injuries from Mack truck collision.
7. $900,000 Court Award in Farm Injury.
8. $300,000 for Man Injured in ATV accident.
9. $600,000 for Zamboni Lung Injuries.
10. $1 million Jury Award in Medical Malpractice Case.
11. $600,000 against Ford Motor
12. $600,000 in Medical Malpractice Case
13. $800,000 Judgment in Nursing Home Death case.
14. $743,000 jury verdict in car accident.
15. $445,000 in slip & fall case.
16. $1 million in sexual assault case.
17. $440,000 in sexual assault jury verdict.
18. $600,000 recovery for victims of lung injuries.
19. $3 million plus in No Fault recoveries.
20. $8 million in medical malpractice recoveries.
©2009 Schmidt Law Firm, Powered by Webopts